A day after the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, announced that Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, had won the presidency, Peter Obi, the presidential candidate for the Labour Party (LP) in the general elections of 2023, broke his silence.
According to Obi, the election’s outcome was predetermined and declared in blatant disregard for the laws and regulations governing elections.
He added that it would rank among the most contentious elections in Nigerian history.
In his first public appearance since the February 25 presidential and National Assembly elections, Obi addressed Nigerians and the globe on Thursday afternoon during a global press conference.
The former Anambra State governor said Nigerians had been robbed by supposed leaders whom they trusted.
Recall that the INEC declared Tinubu as having won the presidential election on Wednesday.
The electoral body has also issued Tinubu the certificate of return.
”The results of the election, as programmed and announced, is a clear violation of electoral rules and guidelines, as promised by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC. It will go down as one of the most controversial elections in the history of Nigeria.
“Nigerians have been robbed by supposed leaders whom they trusted,” Obi said.